how to connect apple pencil to ipad – As of March 2019, all current iPad models support the first or second generation Apple Pencil, and your best iPad really can’t be the best iPad if you don’t use the Apple Pencil. Whether you’re starting with an entry-level iPad, taking your iPad Air anywhere, running professional programs on iPad Pro, or browsing Apple News+ on iPad mini, you can use one of two generations of Apple Pencil. It has full pressure sensitivity for dynamic line thickness, tilt control for shading, palm suppression for full sketching, and works as a simple stylus if you don’t want to touch the screen.
To take full advantage of everything you can do with the Apple Pencil, you need to know how to use some fun little things on your best iPad (opens in a new tab). Whether you’re an artist, draftsman or professional graphic editor, here’s our complete guide to the Apple Pencil. Here’s how to get the most out of your Apple Pencil!
how to connect apple pencil to ipad
Apple Pencil (1st Generation) works with:
– iPad (6th generation)
– iPad (7th generation)
– iPad (8th generation)
– iPad (9th generation)
– iPad Air (3rd generation)
– iPad mini (5th generation)
– iPad Pro 9.7-inch
– iPad Pro 10.5-inch
– iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
– iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
Apple Pencil (2nd Generation) works with:
– iPad Air (4th generation)
– iPad Air (5th generation)
– iPad mini (6th generation)
– iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
– iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
– iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation)
– iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
– iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
– iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation)
How to pair the first-generation Apple Pencil
- Make sure the iPad you want to use is on and unlocked, then uncap your Pencil.
- Plug in your Pencil to the new iPad.
- When the Bluetooth Pairing Request appears, tap Pair.
How to pair the second-generation Apple Pencil
- Make sure the iPad you want to use is on and unlocked.
- Place the Apple Pencil on the wide side of the iPad Pro with the magnetic strip.
- Tap Pair when the Bluetooth Pairing Request appears.
How to check your Apple Pencil (first generation) battery level
- Swipe down from the iPad’s top bezel to invoke Notification Center (or turn the iPad on to view the Lock screen).
- Swipe right to see the Widgets screen.
- View the Batteries section.
HOW TO CHANGE FUNCTIONS ON THE SECOND-GENERATION APPLE PENCIL
The second-generation Apple Pencil has the added benefit of one more feature, accessed by double-tapping the flat side of the Apple Pencil near the tip. In most cases, this will trigger the app’s eraser feature.
App developers can assign a different action to the double-tap, such as selecting a different artist tool, but so far we’ve only seen it used to launch the eraser in most apps except the Notes app.
In the Notes app, you can change the functionality of double-tap to trigger switching between the current and last used tool, show the color palette, switch between the current tool and the eraser, and turn off the Apple Pencil 2.
Learn how to toggle double-tap on Apple Pencil 2 to improve your experience with the best iPad apps (Opens in a new tab).
Apple pencil is an incredibly useful tool that is great for note taking, drawing, and much more. If you’re new to the Apple Pencil, you might want to learn some Apple Pencil tips & tricks, or if you’re looking for some new apps to use with your Apple Pencil, check out the following blog posts See More